The next primary archetype that I will review is the Prostitute. The Prostitute archetype engages us in learning to maintain our integrity and not negotiate away our spirit in exchange for physical and financial survival or for financial gain.
Archetypes are to be understood symbolically and not literally. Although the Prostitute is premised on the selling of one’s body and sexual favors, the Prostitute archetype activates a wide range of unconscious psychic patterns of seduction and control, whether that relates to “buying” another person’s freedom of spirit or “selling out” your own personal power.
In this sense the archetype of Prostitute refers to the selling of any expression of the self or the selling-out of them. The core issue of the Prostitute is the temptation of seduction; how much you are willing to sell of yourself as related to your morals, your integrity, your intellect, your word, your body, or your soul for the sake of physical security and control.
It challenges the power of choice or speaking your truth and behaving differently trying to seduce another or caving to the seduction from another. Often we feel intuition pulling us in another direction that we know is right, but the seductive temptation is so strong that we cave and sell-out. We want things to come easily without hard work. We seek a quick and easy solution to our problems and avoid the small voice inside telling us that this is not the best solution or choice for you.
We look for easy rewards, quick and easy ways to do things to save face to prevent humiliation or we are looking for a fast way to get rich by winning the lottery, for example. By facing up to the challenges to our integrity presented by the Prostitute, we are meant to learn the value of self-esteem and self-respect.
The core issue of the Prostitute is how much we are willing to trade our integrity for the sake of physical security, and to negotiate our virtue and self-esteem to satisfy our survival needs. When we relinquish something for a quick gain, we are working from the shadow side. People will lie and establish false expectations, undermine the reputations of others and spread rumors to get ahead and to gain advantage trying to prove their choice is right.
In the light aspect, we make decisions and choices from truth, where personal integrity is more important than security and material gain. The Prostitute governs integrity. What challenges are you experiencing related to living or following your truth? Where in your life are you caving to seduction and control by others?
- The Path of Return Trilogy -Tarot Archetypes Tarot involves 78 cards 56 Minor Arcana that The primary guru in the trilogy is Jamayah nickname for Jose Guerrero.…
- Plato -The forms according to Socrates are archetype s or abstract Primary sources Greek and Roman Apuleius De Dogmate Platonis I. See.…
- History of Punic-era Tunisia culture -also her priests and sacred prostitutes taken from Cyprus The or symbolizing a psychic archetype accordingly it is difficult to assign.…
- Hindu titles of law -procedure or topic to be described the archetype prakrti and the bribers of sabhyas prostitutes those who profess to arbitrate those.…
- Mahasiddha -spiritual archetypes The number eighty-four is a whole or perfect number. family people politicians nobility prostitutes and outcasts.…
- Janet Garfield, archetypal intuitive counselor, Archetypes, Dissertation Excerpt, Dr. Janet’s Wisdom, Energy Medicine, Free Spirit, Media